Metal-Free Dental Restorations – Phoenix, AZ
Creating Natural Smiles Without Metal
When it comes to decayed or damaged teeth, you want a solution that will fix the problem and give you a beautiful, healthy-looking smile, right? Fortunately, as dentistry has advanced over the years, so have the restorative and cosmetic treatments patients are now able to receive. From dental crowns to fillings, Devoted Family Dental Phoenix can replace your decayed tooth with a metal-free restoration in Phoenix. No longer will you need to worry about having a sensitivity or allergy to the prosthetic being placed into your mouth. Instead, you will have a restored smile that looks completely natural. Call us today to schedule an appointment for metal-free dental restorations in Phoenix, AZ.
Why Choose Devoted Family Dental Phoenix for Metal-Free Dental Crowns?
- Made Using Durable Dental Ceramics
- Personalized to Keep the Bite Even
- Can Be Paired with Dental Implants
What Are Metal-Free Dental Restorations?
Metal-free restorations are a great alternative to traditional metal, as they use composite resin and highly biocompatible materials to improve and complement your smile and oral health. Some examples of metal-free restorations we offer include:
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Dental crowns
- Dental bridges
What Are the Benefits of Metal-Free Dental Restorations?
When you remove metal from anything associated with the mouth, that is usually enough to have patients jumping for joy. However, to add to this one particular advantage, here are some additional benefits that come with metal-free restorations:
- Availability – Some individuals are prone to sensitivities or allergies when it comes to metal. By using materials that are better for your overall health and natural in appearance, metal-free restorations are available for anyone needing help with a decayed or damaged tooth.
- Greater Confidence - There is nothing better than having a smile you can be proud to show off to your family, friends, and colleagues. What is even better is having a tooth repaired without anyone knowing there was ever an issue! Metal restorations shine a spotlight on your problem areas, but luckily, we can help you hide your treatment and regain your confidence.
- No Dark Rings – Over time, metal restorations can cause dark rings at the base of your natural tooth; however, dental crowns made from either porcelain or ceramic will never leave a mark on your tooth.
- A Restoration That Lasts –This might be surprising, as you might assume metal would last longer, but with age and normal wear and tear, metal can change shape and cause your restoration to not fit properly or fall out. Porcelain, ceramic, and composite resin are designed to last longer.
What is the Metal-Free Dental Restoration Process?
Most metal-free restorations only require one or two appointments. Much of it depends on the type of procedure you are having. Once we have examined your mouth and the tooth or teeth in question, we will generate a personalized treatment plan, complete with what type of restoration you will receive.
For example, a tooth-colored filling will require your cosmetic dentist in Phoenix to begin the procedure by administering local anesthesia or sedation to make you comfortable. Then, they will clean out the decayed areas of your tooth before filling it with composite resin. This will be matched to your natural tooth color to ensure a blended smile. Placing it on the tooth, we will sculpt and shape the resin until it lays flat and seals it. It is important that the resin properly seals so that infection does not reoccur.
Patients needing a dental crown or bridge can expect their cosmetic dentist in Phoenix to file down the biting surface and sides of the injured tooth. This will ensure the dental crown fits properly and comfortably. We will take impressions of your tooth and send it off to a dental lab to have the technicians begin working on your custom crown. In the meantime, we will fit you with a temporary acrylic crown to wear.
After a few weeks, you will return to our dental office and have the acrylic removed and the permanent dental crown cemented into place over your weakened tooth.