Tooth-Colored Fillings – Phoenix, AZ
At Devoted Family Dental Phoenix, our team of experts is here to help repair your decayed or damaged teeth safely and effectively. Using non-metal materials, we can provide you with tooth-colored fillings in Phoenix that blend in beautifully with the rest of your smile while creating a tight seal to prevent future reinfection or damage. In the past, traditional amalgam was used to fill a problem tooth; however, with tooth-colored fillings, you can enjoy a healthier, more beautiful smile that does not shine a spotlight on your dental work.
Why Choose Devoted Family Dental Phoenix for Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Fast, Effective, and Long-Lasting Solution
- Custom-Shaded to Blend in With Teeth
Tooth-colored fillings are a restorative method of treatment designed to fill cavities without the use of metal. Using composite resin that is matched to your natural tooth color, you can enjoy a healthier smile that is better protected from future decay or damage.
Unlike traditional amalgam, there is no harmful mercury found in tooth-colored fillings, making them a more environmentally friendly and healthier option for individuals who are sensitive to metal and/or prefer a metal-free solution.
How Do Tooth-Colored Fillings Work?
The process of receiving a tooth-colored filling requires one visit to your dentist’s office. During your visit, our team will carefully examine the problem tooth to determine if a filling is enough to remedy the issue. If so, your dentist in Phoenix will begin by administering a local anesthetic to numb the area around the tooth. Then, we will begin to clear out the decayed areas of your tooth, removing any debris. Next, we will fill the tooth using a composite resin that is matched to your natural tooth color using a shade guide.
Applied directly to the tooth, we will shape the material and ensure it properly fills the tooth before using a special UV light to harden the material into place. Our team will make sure the resin lays flat and blends in nicely, allowing you to avoid the potential of others noticing you have recently undergone dental work.
Do I Need a
Knowing if you need a tooth-colored filling typically requires a visit with your dentist who will examine your oral cavity and decide if a filling or more complex restorative treatment is required. The easiest way to tell if you will need a tooth-colored filling is if:
- Your tooth is severely decayed or damaged
- You are experiencing increased sensitivity to foods and beverages
- An older filling has fallen out and needs to be replaced
- Your dental floss becomes snagged when attempting to clean around a particular tooth
- You want to replace your traditional amalgam fillings with a more natural solution
Apart from the fact you will have a restoration that blends in beautifully with the rest of your smile, a tooth-colored filling offers other amazing benefits, including:
- You get to keep more of your natural tooth structure because less preparation is needed when placing a tooth-colored filling (unlike an amalgam filling)
- These fillings are free of harmful mercury, making them biocompatible
- They cause less tooth sensitivity
- Traditional amalgam can expand based on the temperature, but tooth-colored fillings do not pose this problem
- It is possible your dental insurance provider may still cover the cost