Gum Recontouring – Phoenix, AZ
Taking the “Gummy” Out of Your Smile
Gum recontouring in Phoenix is a fairly common cosmetic procedure. At Devoted Family Dental Phoenix, Dr. Ludu and Dr. Sharma understand what it takes to create beautiful, healthy smiles with great precision and accuracy. Unlike other forms of cosmetic treatment, gum recontouring is forever. Once it is completed, you will never have to return for a future procedure, making it a popular and truly effective solution. Our dental professionals want to take the “gummy” out of your smile and replace it with an improved aesthetic that is happier and healthier. To find out how you can get started, contact us today for gum recontouring in Phoenix, AZ.
Why Choose Devoted Family Dental Phoenix for Gum Recontouring?
Address Stubby or
Make Room for
- Address Serious Forms of Periodontal Disease
How Does Gum
This common dental procedure is safe and effective at removing extra gum tissue and creating a new and improved smile. Although in most cases it is considered to be a cosmetic surgery, some individuals are required to undergo gum recontouring because of periodontal disease or a necessary dental restoration placement. Some examples of how this procedure works include:
- If you have periodontal disease, the removal of excess gum tissue can reduce pocket formations that can trap bacteria and food particles.
- If you have a chipped or cracked tooth that needs a dental crown for added protection, gum recontouring can expose more of the enamel for secure placement of the custom restoration.
- If your smile is keeping you from enjoying the finer things in life, this cosmetic solution can give you a smile you are happy to show off to friends and family.
Who is a Good Candidate?
Gum recontouring is a great solution for someone who has any of the following:
- Short or “stubby” teeth
- Uneven gums
- A “gummy” smile, meaning the gums are protruding too far outward
- You require a custom restoration because of a damaged tooth but need gum tissue removed in order to expose additional tooth enamel
The only way to find out if you are a prime candidate for this type of procedure is to schedule an appointment with Dr. Ludu or Dr. Sharma. Once they fully examine your teeth and gums, they will be better able to determine if gum recontouring is right for you.
What Are the Benefits?
When trying to decide which method of treatment you want to pursue to achieve an improved smile, there are many options to choose from; however, with gum recontouring, the following benefits cannot be found anywhere else:
- Removes Excess Tissue – If your gums appear uneven, removing this excess tissue can help to create a more aesthetically pleasing smile.
- Reduces the Risk of Developing Tooth Decay – If you are wondering how this is possible, gum recontouring can remove the unnecessary tissue that can sometimes trap food particles and harmful bacteria that can lead to tooth decay.
- It is a Permanent Solution – Other forms of cosmetic dentistry often require you to have touch-ups or replacements over time. With gum recontouring, it is permanent and will last forever. Your gum tissue will not regrow, so once it is gone, it is gone for good!